skip to main | skip to sidebar

Monday, December 5, 2011

A Review of the Motorola GP340 Radio

As a user of the Motorola GP300 for many years, I had become accustomed to the build and transmission quality of the Motorola Radios. To my dismay, a few years back, Motorola announced that they would be discontinuing the beloved GP300 and replacing it with the GP340.

First impressions of the GP340 were not great. I would receive white noise after transmission, the unit didn't feel great and there were numerous software glitches that needed ironing out.

Motorola

However, a few years on and I thought it was time to review the current generation of GP340 radio.

Sound quality has improved no end, and I no longer get the annoyance of a blast of white noise down my ear everytime I make a transmission. The build quality is still the same, and whilst not as good as the GP300 I have learned to live with it. After all, it seems that most things these days aren't built like they used to be!

I used the GP340 on a site with an interesting geography. There were lots of high and low points, but the radio didn't seem to bother. It worked seamlessly over a 500 acre site. The battery life is pretty good, given that I was using the radio 8-10 hours a day, maybe even 12 hours a day in the summer. I would charge the device overnight and get a good days use out of it the following day.

The GP340 radio is an excellent and unobtrusive way of keeping the team in contact. Streamlining operations with radio communication increases productivity and can form part of an organisation's health and safety system which is particularly important for individuals who work alone or remote from the team.

As with all Motorola Radio's, the GP340 is supported by a wide range of Motorola Original Accessories including carry cases and straps, earpieces and headsets, batteries and chargers, all designed to tailor the radio to the precise requirements of the user.

A Review of the Motorola GP340 Radio

http://buybastbedroomfurniture.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cell Phones Motorola Copyright © 2011 | Template created by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger